- The Munk School of Global Affairs integrates research with teaching and public education.
- The manuscripts and historic books at The Thomas Fisher Rare Book Library.
- U of T holds a top-12 spot in world rankings for medicine.
A world-renowned university.
The University of Toronto’s academic and research strengths rank among the best in the world — and are the best in Canada. Because of this, we attract top faculty and students seeking a mark of excellence acknowledged around the world.
- The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2012-2013 , which measure the institutional excellence of the world’s top 400 universities in research, teaching and knowledge transfer, lists the University of Toronto as the top university in Canada and 21st in the world.
- In 2013, the prestigious Shanghai Jiao Tong University’s Academic Ranking of World Universities put U of T first in Canada and 28th in the world.
- The QS World University Rankings placed U of T 17th in the world and first overall in Canada.
- The University of Toronto ranked first in Research Infosource’s annual list of the top 50 research universities in Canada (PDF) and topped the medical/doctoral category.
- U of T ranked 8th in the National Taiwan University Performance Ranking of Scientific Papers for World Universities 2013.
“There are rankings of many different aspects of university performance these days. However, in measurement, consistency counts. With these new results from the THE rankings, Toronto has measured up consistently well.”
- David Naylor, OC MD DPhil FRSC
President, University of Toronto