Gladwell Augmented Reality
This short video demonstrates how to launch the experience and control your interaction by maneuvering the AR marker.
- Download a printable AR marker here (PDF).
This web page contains an augmented reality experience with internationally-acclaimed writer and University of Toronto alumnus Malcolm Gladwell (’84) discussing his time at U of T and how it continues to influence his work.
- Augmented reality requires a printed marker and a webcam to trigger the experience. You can print an AR marker here (PDF).
- Turn up your computer’s volume and disable any pop-up blockers if necessary.
- When asked permission to activate your webcam, select “allow”.
- Once activated, hold the marker straight and facing your webcam approximately one foot to 30cm away from your computer screen.
- You can move the marker as needed to adjust for size and view angle.
- Make sure your webcam is turned on by looking for an indicator light.
- Do not cover any part of the marker with your hands.
- View the experience from a well-lit area. If the playback is not continuous, you likely need more light.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
- Ensure the marker is facing your webcam.